Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday

Today, Justin will have the feeding tube moved to a better spot. When they stitched it back in on Monday, they pushed it too far and it is against the intestine, not allowing him to put much "milkshake" down at a time. They told him to feed small feedings 12 times a day, but he is still weak and nauseous from the new positioning.

I will be taking him to St. Christus at noon today for the procedure.

****We have returned from the procedure. Justin will not really know how it went until he feeds himself for the first time....but he feels good about things.

That boy brings a smile to my face! He had me smiling throughout the afternoon. When dropping him off, I handed him a few dollar bills---he responded, I guess you know that now I'm headed to the Strip Club! LOL That boy!!

He did tell me that his tongue is working better and although the food will not pass by a muscle in the back of his throat...he has felt a few new movements. Not as far along as his mom would like, but we'll take whatever we can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment