Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday, another day of hopefulness

We are being patient and waiting. It is another day of hopefulness; so much to be hopeful for! Justin is not to talk for 24 hrs which will be most of the day today. Then, he really should rest his throat and voice for another 3-4 days. Next week should give a good glimpse into his progress. The procedure was a temporary fix as the meds will dissipate through time, about 6 months--I think. But this will give Justin's throat a chance to work out and have therapy. Through time, various nerves and muscles will kick in and take over, working harder, etc. After six months, there are some procedures Justin could chose to do that would be more permanent...that is a decision down the road. For now, it is time to heal and begin the rehab process. God is good! We are thankful for so many things!

***OK--so I thought we were going to have to call 911....not for Justin, but for me! I had worried about Justin because they had done work on his throat yesterday. So, around 11 am I began to email and text him. I did not hear back. By 12:30, I was a total mess! I went to his house and he did not answer the front door, I went to the back door, and when he finally answered I wanted to cry a river! I was so happy to see him! He had slept in because he stayed up late watching movies and it was dark, rainy outside, etc. In fact, he looked great! Although he has lost weight (about 25 lbs), he looked stronger! He is still not to talk, but what an improvement I see in him since I was with him 2 days ago! Bill has spent the past 2 days with him at the doctor's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment