Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday

Justin is at work today. He worked 1/2 day yesterday with afternoon doctors appointments. He was at the office first thing this morning., trying to get back on schedule, and build strength.

As for Justin's voice, we expected it to be back pretty much like normal. I'm not sure if we are wanting too much or what. When he first had the surgery on the windpipe in Memphis, he was sitting up talking to us on the gurney. He was so excited to have his voice back. We were impressed that it sounded like Justin. But when the swelling went down, the voice was gone to a whisper. Bill was with J last night and said that he talked up a storm! I know that his voice is not completely back, but Bill indicates that it is a little stronger. He sees the voice doc on Friday and should be released for speech and swallow therapy next week. We will see what the new plan is...or whether the speech will help, etc.

Brenlee & Amanda woke me up this morning! I had worried about Justin's feeding tube the night before, so last night I was really zonked out. I still pray that with each day we take a step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment